I tend to be an obsessive person. This blog is a perfect example of that. (I am so obsessed with food and cooking that I want to talk to the Internet about it occasionally? At least I’m not alone in this problem.) Don’t even get me started on what a hot mess I was in college when I decided to get obsessed with Lady Gaga and Glee at the same time. Friends shouldn’t let friends experience that … at least not without support. Anyway, these Things I’m Loving posts are a way for me to share with you all of the random things I might be currently obsessing over. Enjoy!
• Joy the Baker Podcast – This podcast is hosted by two of my favorite food bloggers, Joy of Joy the Baker and Tracy of Shutterbean. While they do indeed talk about food, that is just a minor part of the show, which is really about anything and everything. Their motto is that they talk about “totally important, unimportant things.” They are hilarious and goofy, and once you get to know them through this podcast, you will start to feel like they are two of your best friends, and you will wait anxiously every week for the new episode so you can feel like you’re a part of their “special-ness.” They say “I appreciate you” to each other a lot, which I think is awesome and something that most people don’t say enough, so Robert and I have recently started saying that to each other on a more regular basis. I appreciate you! Also, totes maj.
• One Love Organics – I found this company through the blog Channeling Contessa, and I had to stop myself from immediately ordering something. Eventually I purchased the Essentials To Go travel kit so I could try a few of their best-selling products. My main squeeze is their Skin Savior waterless beauty balm – this stuff is AMAZING. You should really read all of the customer reviews of this product. You can use it all over your body: on your face, in your hair, as a lip balm, on dry hands, heels, cuticles, etc., and you could probably spread it on toast and eat it. Coconut oil is the main ingredient, which is super loving to your skin, and as a bonus, this stuff smells like an orange creamsicle. Winning! If you don’t mind shelling out a few bucks for beauty products now and then, this one is definitely worth it and should last you a good amount of time. This company also gets extra points from me because they have great graphic design.
• The Skimm – To quote their web site, “The Skimm is the daily e-mail newsletter that gives you everything you need to start your day. We do the reading for you – across subject lines and party lines – and break it down with fresh editorial content.” If you like to stay on top of things but aren’t one of those people who watches or reads the news all day, this daily email is a fun and unique way to read about some highlights. It’s produced by two women in their twenties who also happen to be roommates. Whoa.
• Waffles – Can’t stop, won’t stop. I want to eat waffles for breakfast every day. I’m obsessed with spending an evening leisurely trying out a new waffle recipe (while simultaneously cleaning the kitchen like a boss) and then eating those for the next few days for breakfast. More waffles, please. Does anyone have a secret trick for converting pancake recipes to waffle recipes? I want to try that.
• Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams – I went a little out of my way on the journey home from Cleveland this weekend to stop at the Jeni’s in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. I’ve been dying to try her ice creams ever since I got her cookbook a couple years ago, so I jumped at the opportunity. Chagrin Falls was a cute little town that was majorly Christmas-ified already and had horse-drawn carriages wandering through the streets. It reminded me a bit of Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls, and it had a cool little waterfall in the center of town (hence the name). Robert and I probably tried 90% of the flavors in the store. It was a hard decision, but Robert eventually settled on Salty Caramel and Brown Butter Almond Brittle, while I went with Pistachio & Honey, The Buckeye State, and Loveless Biscuits + Peach Jam. Now I want to just hole myself up in my kitchen for a week and do nothing but make ice cream from her book. Also, more kudos for a company with great graphic design.
*** Prints of my heart illustration are available in my Etsy shop.